How to make an app
University of Sussex Podcast
In association with the University of Sussex, we have created accompanying cheatsheets to help you make an app.
Sign up below to receive the cheatsheets directly to your inbox when the podcast episode goes live.
Learn how to make an app in 6 weeks
How to make a mobile app - Rapid 6 week programme
This programme will give you the fundamental knowledge needed to conceptualise your idea, prove it's a money maker, commission a developer or agency to build your mobile app before launching it to the world on the app store.
Award winner, Chris O’Hare, CEO of technology consultancy HARE.digital will provide an overview of the fundamental knowledge needed for your app journey and give you the insider tricks to save you time and money.
In Week 1 you will learn:
- What is an app and the difference between a mobile app and web app.
- How subscriptions are the future of business.
- How to get your idea on paper and describe your ideal customer
In Week 2 you will learn:
- How to validate your idea with your customers, company and against your competitors
- How to create prototypes of your product using drawings, landing pages and even powerpoint.
In Week 3 you will learn:
- What is a minimum viable product and how to create one.
- What is a UX/UI Designer and how to hire one.
- How to create your own App design specification ready to give to an agency or developer.
In Week 4 you will learn:
- How to create a pitch deck that wins investment.
- Should you get a technical co-founder.
- Where can you get funding including Commercial sponsorship, Investors and Government grants.
In Week 5 you will learn:
- What’s better, an agency, freelancer or employee.
- How does an app work.
- What technology should you build your app with.
In Week 6 you will learn:
- How to add your App to the app stores
- How to do App Store Optimization
- How to tell the world about your app
Hire incredible developers when you need them
Stop wasting time sorting through CV’s trying to find the best candidate
Be confident that your developer is capable of delivering your project
Start work sooner, innovate faster and grow your business effectively
Whatever your project we can help
Hire from our network of certified developers
Perfectly matched to your specific requirements
Start projects without delay
Free by nature
There is no cost to businesses looking to hire one of our developers, what the freelancer quotes is what you pay - It’s that simple.
We do not compromise
Every developer in our network is HARE certified and has passed our rigorous vetting process. At HARE.digital our mantra is quality, not quantity.
Discuss your project requirements
Create your perfect developer profile
We select the perfect developer for you
Discuss your project expectations
If you or a client are looking to innovate in the digital space, then you need developers you can trust. The HARE Developer Initiative enables you to rest easy in the knowledge that our freelancers have been stringently vetted and code tested.
HARE.digital Technical Assistance
We only succeed when your project is delivered perfectly and perfect delivery is something that we’ve become experts at. We are a software development company, meaning that, through our Harehub platform, we support our Developers with technical assistance in real-time. Click below and tell us about your project.